Volunteering is a great way to support Create. We invest in our volunteers and provide opportunities for them to use their skills, develop new ones and gain experience.
There are plenty of ways to get involved with CREATE. We’re always looking for new volunteers to join our team to make our programmes and activities possible and to help us fundraise to support our vision. We are currently looking to recruit volunteers for the following roles:
1. CREATE Cafe Volunteer (18+)
2. Events Team (for volunteers ages 12-18) – more info here
Please read the role descriptions below and complete the application form to apply.
CREATE Cafe Volunteer
Create are looking for volunteers (ages 18+) to support their Create Cafe nights. The cafe’s offer a free creative space for 12-21 year olds to express themselves through music or art and to connect with friends.
- To assist in set up and ensure the space is safe/welcoming
- To assist with the running and delivery of the Create Cafe nights
- To facilitate/participate in games, activities, and discussions with young people
- To assist in clean-up and debrief after each cafe
- To be vigilant to any safeguarding or health and safety concerns
As well as looking for volunteers who are able to assist with the practical and safety elements of the cafes, we are looking for volunteers who would be willing to take the lead in running different activities, such as arts and crafts, or music activities.
The Cafe runs every second Friday of the month 730-10pm. Volunteers are expected to attend from 7-10.30pm. A minimum of 2 cafes per month is required for volunteers.
We’re looking for volunteers with the following skills, attitudes and experience for this role:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish positive relationships with young people
- Creative skills are desired but not essential
- Are enthusiastic about the values, vision and ethos of Create Paisley
- Enjoys the experience of working with young people and demonstrates an interest in supporting their personal development.
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Willing to take any identified training.
- Experience of working with young people and as part of a team.